The Office of Student Affairs alongside the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs monitors and coordinates academic interventions/activities for at-risk students. They are additionally responsible for preparing students for the APMLE Step 1 Exam. Students are assisted with high-yield resources, study skills strategies, test-taking skills, scheduling, time management, and overall readiness for the Step 1 Exam.
Support services provided by the office include:
- Faculty Mentoring and Advising
- Study skills and test-taking strategies
- Peer tutoring and supplemental instruction (Yr. 3)
- Learning style and cognitive assessments
- Faculty help sessions on course modules
- Time management
- Stress management
- Early intervention and remediation
- APMLE Step 1 Exam Preparations (Yr. 3)
- Referral services to other UTRGV services
- Career Mentoring (Yr. 3)
All Podiatric medical students are encouraged to discuss academic concerns with their Module/Clerkship director first.