The UTRGV SOPM will foster student success by inspiring, educating, and developing a diverse, compassionate student body fully prepared for podiatric residency training, becoming dedicated podiatric physicians, research scientists, public health professionals, and educators.
We aspire to be the global leader in podiatric medicine integrating education, research, and service; inspiring and advancing the practice while transcending interprofessional and geographic boundaries.
- Education – Provide an innovative podiatric medical education experience that prepares and graduates podiatric physicians dedicated to practicing evidence-based and patient-centered podiatric care.
- Research – Engage in medical and clinical research to advance knowledge for society and improve the health of people of the RGV, and beyond, while providing a strong foundation that advances the art and science of podiatric medicine and surgery.
- Service – Create podiatric physicians who are prepared to serve the fundamental purposes of medicine by possessing the attributes necessary to meet their individual and collective responsibilities to society including the relief of pain and suffering with the promotion of health and the prevention of disease.
- Marketing – Branding – Become the global leaders in podiatric medicine integrating education, research, service, and inspire and advance the practice while transcending interprofessional and geographical boundaries.
- Clinical Enterprise – Develop a self-sustaining operation centered on student learning by providing clinical experiences where students can utilize their medical knowledge, training, and behaviors to make ethical clinical decisions during real-world patient care.