The UTRGV SOPM will foster student success by inspiring, educating, and developing a diverse, compassionate student body fully prepared for podiatric residency training, becoming dedicated podiatric physicians, research scientists, public health professionals, and educators.
We aspire to be the global leader in podiatric medicine integrating education, research, and service; inspiring and advancing the practice while transcending interprofessional and geographic boundaries.
- UTRGV SOPM will develop and maintain a CPME accredited forward thinking podiatric medical education program that graduates physicians well-prepared for podiatric residency training and dedicated to practicing evidence-based, patient-centered podiatric medicine and surgery in any setting.
- UTRGV SOPM will develop and nurture a culture of learning through the acquisition of highly qualified students and faculty in an environment conducive to self-exploration and growth to ensure learner, faculty, and staff success.
- UTRGV SOPM will foster and promote academic and clinical teaching excellence in serving the SOPM educational mission.
- UTRGV SOPM will engage in medical and clinical research to advance knowledge for the good of society and to improve the health of people of the RGV, the state of Texas, and beyond, while providing a strong foundation that furthers the art and science of podiatric medicine and surgery.
- UTRGV SOPM will develop podiatric physicians who are prepared to serve the fundamental purposes of medicine, possessing the attributes that are necessary to meet their individual and collective responsibilities to society including relief of pain and suffering, the promotion of health, and the prevention of disease.
- UTRGV SOPM will promote and provide leadership in podiatric medicine integrating education, research, and clinical service, inspiring and advancing the practice and profession for the RGV population and beyond.
- UTRGV SOPM Clinical Enterprise will develop into a self-sustaining operation centered around student learning by providing clinical experiences where students can utilize their knowledge and practice skills and behaviors to make clinical decisions while caring for patients.