UTRGV Clinical Skills Center & Simulation Hospital
Equipped with the latest in medical simulation technology, the UTRGV Simulation Hospital is helping transform health care in the Rio Grande Valley. The technology, which can simulate a wide range of clinical challenges, from a heart attack to delivering a baby, provides training to clinical health professionals at all levels and prepares them for work with patients. The technology allows high school students training in health professions, medical and nursing students, residents and even practicing nurses and physicians to develop or refresh both established and new clinical and communication skills in a variety of simulated health care environments. For current and future physicians, nurses, pharmacists and allied health professionals, the use of simulation technology produces a significant impact on the quality of patient care and lifelong professional skills.The UTRGV Simulation Hospital provides:
- A simulated health care learning, teaching and research environment for students and faculty within the health care provider community of UTRGV.
- Educational and technical resources to the UTRGV Simulation Education Network.
- A learning environment that promotes team learning across the health professions spectrum and professional development for health care providers.
- A simulation research environment open to any level of health care provider.
- A community resource to advance medical education for the young people in the RGV.
The UTRGV Simulation Hospital is staffed Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Special arrangements can be made for off-hours use. It is conveniently located on the second floor of the Harlingen Veterans Affairs Outpatient Clinic at the address listed below.
For more information or to schedule a tour or training, contact Jesse Candanoza, Medical Simulation Specialist, at 956-296-1566 during hours of operation.
UTRGV Simulation Hospital
Harlingen Clinical Education Building (HCEBL) 2.118
2106 Treasure Hills Blvd
Harlingen, TX 78550
Naomi D'Acolatse, MD, MPH, FAAFP
Associate Dean for Educational Affairs
Phone: (956) 296-1905