Steps to Decrease Blackboard Course Size
In order to prevent potential problems in the future, it is recommended to clean your courses from time to time. Large courses can impact Blackboard performance over time and cause issues when completing course copies. Below you will find a few recommendations to decrease the size of your course without impacting your teaching.
Duplicate Content/Multiple Imported Content Folder
Check your course’s content collection for duplicated files and folders.
- Remove any duplicated files or folders. (TIP: Use the 360° View to identify content that is linked to areas in your course), or
- Create a new folder and relink the course content items.
Video and Audio Files
Check if you have any video or audio files stored in your Blackboard course content.
- Migrate your videos from your Blackboard course content to Panopto.
Check your course’s content collection for large files and determine if these could be resized. Ex.
PDF Documents, Images, PowerPoints, etc.
- Reduce the file size by compressing files or reducing dimensions.
Review your course for content that is no longer used.
- Delete unused content from content areas and the content collection.