For questions, assistance, or to report an issue, please contact the COLTT Help Desk at 956-665-5327 or 956-882-6792.Browse Help Articles Submit a Ticket
Content Collection Management
What is the Content Collection?
The Content Collection is a file repository that allows faculty to store, manage, and share content.
How to access your Content Collection
- Locate the course you would like to access your Content Collection.
- Scroll down to your Control Panel.
- Click on Content Collection.
- Click the Course ID of the course. Ex. (50710.202220)
How to Delete Files from your Content Collection
- When you have accessed your Content Collection you will see a page called Course Content.
- You will see all your files included in your course content area.
- To delete a file, check the box next to the item you wish to delete.
- Click Recycle. You can delete several files at once by check boxing the files you wish to delete.
- To permanetly delete the files from your course, click on the Recycle Bin in the Content Collection List.
- Click on Empty Bin.
- Click Ok to permanently delete all recyble files.
Note: When you delete a link from your course, the item remains in the Content Collection. Uploading a new file on the Bb course page will add a new file with an extension, such as (1), to your Content Collection. The original unlinked item can safely be deleted from the Content Collection. It is also possible to delete the file from the Content Collection before uploading the replacement file.
We encourage you to use the 360-degree view to delete unused unlinked files from your Content Collection when you update a file.
Best Practices - Build and Manage Course Content
- Verify Content Collection and make sure that the course size does not exceed the limit. If your courses exceed the size limit you will receive the following error. (I have exceeded my course quota). Blackboard will not allow you to add materials to your course if the files have put the course over the limit. Course size limit:
- 1 GB for Module Courses
- 2 GB for Regular Course
- Remove duplicated items and items not needed.
- For a new or revised course, upload your files to the course folder in your Content Collection. Link to those files from your course (Build Content > Browse Content Collection).
- Use the 360-Degree View in Blackboard to verify which files are being used in courses. Review and delete old material as needed.
- Attach multiple files from your Content Collection, as needed, to a single item in Blackboard. Attaching Files Best Practice
- Organize content areas and folders in your course so students can navigate to information, resources, and instructional material quickly and easily.
- Best Practice is to store course related video/audio files in Panopto. For any other video/audio files use OneDrive to store the videos. Note: (We do not recommend storing these in the content collection due to course size limitations)