Creating a Blackboard Panopto Assignment
Utilizing the Blackboard Assignment tool, Panopto allows students to submit video or audio assignments that are linked to the Grade Center.
- Navigate to the folder or content area where you want the assignment added.
- From the Assessments menu, select Assignment.
- Enter the assignment title.
- Under Instructions, copy and paste the following instructions:
Please follow the instructions below to ensure your assignment is successfully submitted.
- Record or upload your video in Panopto. To start creating your video, open your Panopto video library.
- Click the 'Create Submission' button from underneath the assignment Submission category. This will expand the text editor.
- In the text editor toolbar, select the More icon on the far right of the top toolbar, represented by an ellipsis (three dots), to expand the toolbars and then select the Add Content icon, which looks like a circle with a plus symbol inside of it.
- In the Add Content window that appears, scroll to Additional Tools and select your Panopto tool, which is likely Panopto Student Video Submission tool.
- Select the Panopto video you recorded and click on Submit Video.
- You should see now the video link embedded in the text editor.
- Click on Submit to send your assignment.
- Enter the remaining assignment settings such as due date and points possible.
- Click on Submit.
Assignment submissions will appear as a Needs Grading item in your Grade Center. Click on the link to a student's video to grade the assignment.