Promotion & Tenure
UTRGV is committed to awarding tenure to or promoting those faculty whose work achieves a high standard of excellence and who demonstrate, through the performance of their duties, a sustained commitment to professionalism and UTRGV’s mission. Recommendations for promotion or for tenure are expected to recognize and reward faculty with records of sustained professional accomplishment that contribute to the university mission.
Tenure at UTRGV is to retain the best qualified faculty and enable them to meet their ethical and professional responsibilities. The granting of tenure is not solely a reward for performance during the probationary period; rather, it is a deliberate act taken after a comprehensive evaluation of the faculty member’s past performance and potential for future performance.
Promotion at UTRGV is to recognize and reward faculty for sustained professional accomplishments that also demonstrate their potential for continued contributions to the university’s mission and vision.
- SOM Promotion and Tenure Guidelines (Blackboard Login Required)
- Promotion & Tenure Deadlines (Blackboard Login Required)
- Promotion & Tenure Application - Word Format (Blackboard Login Required)
- Promotion & Tenure Information Session Presentation (Blackboard Login Required)
- AAMC Curriculum Vitae Template (Word Document)