Online Services

Additional Aid (Loans, Work-Study)

If you need additional aid in the form of Direct Loans or Work-Study, submit the request online. See link below to go to the Additional Aid Request page. Please note that only students who qualify for these types of aid can see the options when they log in.


This portal allows students to submit and track the status of appeals. Appeals available include: Admission Decision, Withdrawal, 6-Drop, Excess Hours, Financial Aid, Texas Grant, etc. See link below to access the Appeals portal.

Transcript Requests

Transcripts for UTB/TSC, UTPA and UTRGV students must be requested online. See link below to start your transcript request

Undergraduate Application for Graduation

Undergraduate students must apply for Graduation through ASSIST. The application is usually due a semester in advance. Go to the Student Services Tab, Student Record link and click on Apply to Graduate to get started.

Account Holds

Account holds can prevent registration and/or transcript requests. To find out if you have a hold, please visit the following link.

Financial Aid Status & Pending Items

The status of your Financial Aid application, missing items and award overview can be reviewed online through ASSIST by clicking on the Financial Aid tab.

Summer Financial Aid

If you are planning to enroll in Summer courses and will be requesting financial aid, you must notify UTRGV of your intention to enroll. Submit your notification by visiting the following link.

Add & Drop courses

Registration and course drops are available online through ASSIST within the designated deadlines. Go to the Student Record tab and click on the Registration link to get started.

Course Substitutions & Waivers

This portal allows students to check the status of a course substitution or waiver. The process is initiated through an Advisor. Once the request has started, the student can follow the progress through this link.

Register for Freshmen Loan Counseling

Freshmen students needing to request a Direct Loan need to register for Freshmen Loan Counseling first to talk to a Financial Aid Advisor. Visit the following link to schedule an appointment.

Emergency Loans & Installment Plan

Emergency loan or installment plan requests must be done online through ASSIST within the appropriate deadlines. Go to the Student Services tab to get started.

Scholarship Application

To apply for institutional scholarships, students must submit an online application a year in advance. Click on the following link for more information and to get your application started.

Parking Permits

Parking Permits are requested online through ASSIST. Go to the Student Services tab to request your permit.

Schedule Advising Appointments

If you need to talk to an advisor regarding your degree plan, it is recommended that you schedule an appointment. Visit the following link to get more information on how to schedule it.

Request to Change of Major/Minor/Concentration

Current undergraduate UTRGV students seeking to change their major/minor must request such change using the online change of major portal.  UTRGV email credentials will be required to login. Students are expected to research their options and make a well-informed decision before submitting a request. Requests are finalized once you receive an email confirming approval or denial.  Requests from undergraduate students with more than 60 earned semester credit hours are subject to approval from their designated academic advisor.

Office is Closed