My Free Taxes

Earn $66,000 a year? Prepare your taxes for free | File online at

UTRGV has partnered with United Way joined with industry leader H&R Block to help you easily and accurately file your taxes through MyFreeTaxes. You can file online at or visit us on campus so that a VITA- certified United Way tax consultant will show you, in person, how to file your taxes online, step-by-step, for FREE from  February 4th to March 8nd at:

U Central Edinburg & Brownsville
9:00 am-4:00 pm

Please bring:

  • Valid identification such as driver’s license
  • Social Security or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) and a valid e-mail address
  • W2s, 1099s, and other income forms
  • 1098-T forms (can be printed from your ASSIST account)
  • Your 2017 tax return (if you filed one) or your parent’s 2017 tax return if you were claimed as a dependent.
  • Bank routing and account numbers
  • If you are filing a joint tax return both individuals must be present

My Free Taxes can be used to file your federal and out of state tax returns (if applicable). However, the software does not support the 1040NR Tax return (that is usually required for F-1 international students). For tax help while using MyFreeTaxes from home please call: 1-855-698-9435

If you need special accommodations or have any questions, please e-mail

My Free Taxes | Powered by H & R Block in partnership with United Way


Office is Closed