The Compensation division of the Office of Human Resources administers the university compensation plan which consists of job families, job titles, and corresponding pay rates, and serves as the point of contact for departments regarding these matters. We partner with university administrators and employees to develop, administer, and communicate compensation programs in an effort to attract, engage, and recognize our staff members.
Compensation provides the following services:
- Administration of the UTRGV pay plan by analyzing and reviewing titles, salary rates, and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) exemption status.
- Identifying, analyzing, and responding to equity issues.
- Performing market salary research and salary surveys.
- Developing compensation strategies that support UTRGV's vision and goals.
- Providing guidance on regulatory compliance relating to FLSA.
- Providing compensation resources for University supervisors and managers to facilitate classification and compensation processes.
- Providing training on compensation and classification-related topics.
All compensation-related forms and guidelines can be accessed on the HR forms website.
For additional information, please contact a member of the Office of Compensation.
Contact the Office of Human Resources
Kristina K. Chavez
Director for Compensation & Talent Acquisition
Sr. Compensation Analyst
Sylvia De La Cruz