Employee Tuition Assistance Program (ETAP)
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley provides Tuition Assistance to encourage and support full-time benefits-eligible employees to continue their education and improve the skills needed to develop their careers and acquire new knowledge by providing partial or full payment tuition and mandatory fees.
To be eligible for the Employee Tuition Assistance Program, you must:
- Be a full-time benefits-eligible employee for the last twelve (12) consecutive months by the first day of the course start date for the semester you are applying for, or
- Be a full-time benefits-eligible faculty employee who has completed one year of academic service by the first day of the course start date and be reappointed.
- Receive credit hours for taking the course.
- Have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 2.0 for undergraduates or 3.0 for graduates.
- Be in compliance with all mandated training.
- Have a current staff performance appraisal on file with the Office of Human Resources indicating you are meeting the job expectations, or
- Have a current faculty performance appraisal on file with the Office of the Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs indicating you are meeting the job expectations.
- Be eligible to apply for the scholarship assistance based on the Nepotism Question for Scholarship applicants.
- Have successfully completed all courses in the last semester without withdrawing.
Employees must complete an electronic application each semester by navigating to the myUTRGV website, clicking on the HR Portal icon, and selecting “Employee Tuition Assistance Program” tile on the homepage. You must log in using your UTRGV credentials in order to access the portal and submit an application for tuition assistance.
Applications are only available during the designated dates for each application period.
The application period for UTRGV Faculty and Staff Tuition Assistance Program is:
Spring Module II 2023
Monday, February 06, 2023 at 12:00 am – February 17, 2023 at 11:59 pm
After approval, the Office of Human Resources will notify the Financial Aid Office, which will process the payment.
Approval for courses at institutions other than UTRGV will be limited to those not listed in the University’s course catalog but which are critical for the completion of the employee’s pre-approved professional goals. Employees approved for tuition assistance for credit courses offered at an institution other than UTRGV will be reimbursed upon completion of the course with the submission of an unofficial transcript and statement of charges. The supporting documentation must be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as the semester has been completed.
It is the employee’s responsibility to notify the Office of Human Resources of any changes to the course listed on the application form. The change must be submitted for approval by using the electronic Request for Course Substitution form within five business days from the course change.
Contact the Office of Human Resources