For questions, assistance, or to report an issue, please contact the COLTT Help Desk at 956-665-5327 or 956-882-6792.Browse Help Articles Submit a Ticket
Additional Respondus LockDown Browser Articles
Starting LockDown Browser
- How to determine the version number for LockDown Browser and perform an update.
- I am asked to select an e-learning system from a drop down list
- "Update server is not supplying information, or the connection to update server is blocked."
- “Unable to store institution ID to the registry"
- "Bad Image" 0xc0000020 when starting LockDown Browser
- Permissions Dialog Appears
- Slow computer response
- I’m being prompted to close other programs
Webcam & microphone (Optional)
- Spinning Wheel During Webcam Check
- Cannot detect or configure the webcam
- We are unable to detect a microphone with your computer
- Webcam blocked
- Facial Detection Failing
- "Video connection timed out"
- Recording Failed
- OS X 10.14.1 (and newer) Mic and Camera Permissions
- Mac: Webcam not detected or freeze occurs
- We're unable to connect to our media servers from your computer
- How to change the default camera on Windows
- How to produce a better video
- No audio is coming from my microphone
- Webcam hangs at "environment check"
- How can I change my webcam?
- I see a blank screen
- My webcam image is upside down
- Is using Wi-Fi okay?
- What external USB webcams are supported with Mac LockDown Browser?
- I can't hear any audio
- How much bandwidth is required for the webcam to work properly?
- If multiple webcams are installed, which one does LockDown Browser use?
Problems entering exam
- "Not Authorized"
- “There is a problem with the settings for this exam"
- "Unable to retrieve settings from the Respondus server"
- Test requires a password
Problems during exam
- My cursor jumps to the top of the page when typing
- LockDown Browser froze and I cannot exit
- Accents for languages and using foreign language keyboards.
- My test automatically submitted while there was still time remaining. Why?
- Font size is too small
- I rebooted while LockDown Browser was running. Now the Windows Task Manager is greyed out.
- Update Check Failed: Error Code a4
- The resolution of this image is too high to display
- Calculator missing
- I don't see my image
- Error codes: -21, -105, -106 , -115, -118
- Why can't I print?
- Are Excel spreadsheets permitted?
- Scrollbar Missing