Installing the Respondus LockDown Browser Chrome Extension (Chromebook)
If instructors require students to use Respondus LockDown Browser for a Blackboard test, students will need to install an application or extension on their device. Students using Chromebooks will need to install the LockDown Browser Chrome extension. You can find the installation software under the Student Support Tab in Blackboard.
- Login to Blackboard.
- Access the Student Support tab.
- Click on the Download Respondus LockDown Browser (Chromebook) under the "Faculty/Student Resources" module.
- Click Add to Chrome to install the extension.
- A confirmation message will appear once the LockDown Browser for Chromebook extension has been installed.
- Once the installation is completed, close or restart the Chrome browser.
- Log into Blackboard and navigate to the test that requires Respondus LockDown Browser.
Note: There are some limitations and/or known issues with LockDown Browser for Chromebook, for more information visit the Respondus Knowledgebase.