Brownsville: BINAB 1.105
Edinburg: ESTAC 2.101
Phone: Brownsville (956) 882-5627
Phone: Edinburg (956) 665-2243
Faculty and Staff
We offer a wide range of resources, events, and career-related services to support all our students. We look forward to partnering with you!
Be a Career Advocate. Working together, we can help students determine, discover, and pursue meaningful careers to be a force for good in our world.
- Show Support - Engage in conversations with your students about their interests and support them through the career development process.
- Join Handshake - Create a Handshake account and show students how to use the career management platform.
- Encourage Students - Remind our students to participate in career development opportunities and update their profiles on Handshake. Students with a full Handshake profile are 5 times as likely to be messaged by employers.
- Provide Recommendations - Let us know about employers you’d like to see come to campus or introduce us to contacts which can help advance placement.
The following are some ways we can work together to better serve our students.
- Class Visits
A representative from our department will visit your class or department meeting to present on a topic of your choice.
- Get Connected
Let us help you connect with alumni and employers.
- Provide Guidance
Contact us if you have questions regarding how to respond to employer and recruiter inquiries, as well as suggestions on how to write an effective letter of recommendation.
Let’s put our minds together to create special programming for our students; email us at email@example.com.
Handling Requests from Employers and Recruiters
At some point you may be contacted by an employer, recruiter, or alumni who is interested in identifying candidates for positions. The UTRGV Career Center supports the National Association of Colleges and Employers’ (NACE) recommendations for offering job posting information to all students, which include:
- All candidates should have equal access to the opportunity. Colleges and employers should support informed and responsible decision-making by candidates.
- All aspects of the recruiting process should be fair and equitable to candidates and employing organizations.
- Career services professionals and faculty involved in recruiting should provide generally comparable services to all employers.
- As required by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), any disclosure of student information outside of the educational institution will be with prior consent of the student unless health and/or safety considerations necessitate the dissemination of such information. Both Career Center professionals and faculty will exercise sound judgment and fairness in maintaining the confidentiality of student information, regardless of the source, including written records, reports, and computer data bases.
For the full content, please refer to the official National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) document, A Faculty Guide to Ethical and Legal Standards in Student Hiring. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Handshake is the university's online job and event management platform for students and alumni. Students can apply to any available positions on and off campus. Students can also register for events such as workshops, information sessions, and career fairs.
The interviewStream system offers students the chance to digitally recrod multiple practice interviews using a computer, tablet, or mobile phone (equipped with a web-cam and updated software). Through InterviewStream, students can access interview tips from professionals, select interview questions to practice, and e-mail completed interviews to Career Center staff, professors, or employers.
Career Rundown Podcast
The Career Rundown podcast is offered through the Career Center and is made available to students, alumni, faculty, staff, and employers. The Career Rundown shares insight to the inner workings of our office and provides information beneficial to students.
Parker Dewey Micro Internships