Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
According to CAST, Universal Design for Learning (UDL) is an approach to curriculum that minimizes barriers and maximizes learning for all students. This creates a curriculum that can be used and understood by everyone.
Questions to ask?
- What is my Goal?
- What do I want my students to know, do and care about?
- What are that barriers in the classroom that interfere with my students reaching these goals?
Suggestions to Get Started
- Provide Multiples Means of Representation. Present content and information in multiple media.
- Provide Multiple Means of Action and Expression. Give students different options for expressing what they know.
- Provide Multiple Means of Engagement. Give students choices to fuel their interests.