Second Life for Students
Second Life is an online virtual world used in some courses to create an immersive learning environment. By using this technology instructors can maximize participation and create an online community amongst students.
Please refer to the following links and resources to learn how to get started with Second Life Viewer. Additional resources and tutorials can be found via the Introduction to Second Life Blackboard course.
Second Life Viewer
- Getting Started
(Creating an Account, Locating UTRGV)
- The Interface
(Movement, Communication, Classroom Functions)
- Technical Requirements & Troubleshooting
NOTE: These videos may mention "UTPA" and "UT Pan American," please use "UTRGV" instead.
- Creating a Second Life Account
- Logging In and Getting Started
- Navigating the Second Life Viewer Interface
- Accessing UTRGV's Island
- Editing your Appearance
- Using your Inventory
Your Second Life Classroom
- Classroom Basics
- Interacting with Objects in your Second Life Classroom
- Creating Images using PPT & Uploading to Second Life