For questions, assistance, or to report an issue, please contact the COLTT Help Desk at 956-665-5327 or 956-882-6792.Browse Help Articles Submit a Ticket
Each course may use technology in a variety of formats that will help the learner achieve the course's goals and objectives. This page will provide the learner with a list of the hardware and software needed in order to be successful in their courses.
Blackboard Student Orientation
In order to actively and successfully participate in this course, familiarization of the course environment is needed. Each course will utilize a number of embedded tools, such as the Discussion Board and/or Assignments.
If you are not familiar with the navigation of the environment or the use of its tools, please self-enroll and review the orientation provided.
- Login to Blackboard through my.UTRGV.edu.
- Locate the Course Search box under the My Courses module.
- Enter "Blackboard Orientation" and Click Go.
- Click on the Options menu icon (chevron in a circle) next to Course ID.
- From this menu, click Enroll.
- From the Self Enrollment page, click Submit.
- Your course should now appear in your Blackboard My Courses list.
To participate in this online course, you should have easy access to a computer less than 3-years old with a high-speed Internet connection via cable modem, LAN or DSL. To ensure you are using a supported browser and have required plug-ins please refer to Supported Browsers, Plugins & Operating Systems for Blackboard Learn from Blackboards resource page.
Student Technical Skills
You are expected to be proficient with the following:
- Using Blackboard
- Using and sending an email with attachments
- Creating and submitting files in commonly used word processing program formats
- Copying and pasting
- Downloading and installing software
- Google's Chrome(latest version)
- Mozilla's Firefox(latest version)
- Adobe's Reader plugin (latest version)
- Apple's QuickTime plugin (latest version)
- Virus Protection
- Microsoft Office (latest version; available for free)
Blackboard Technical Support
Brownsville CampusOne West University Boulevard
Brownsville, TX 78520
Office: Casa Bella (BCASA) 613
Phone: (956) 882-6792
Fax: (956) 882-6751
Edinburg Campus1201 West University Dr
Edinburg, TX 78539
Office: Education Complex (EEDUC) 2.202
Phone: (956) 665-5327
Fax: (956) 665-5276
Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
After Hours Support
To contact after hours Blackboard support, please call our main office numbers, 956-882-6792 or 956-665-5327, at any time and speak to a support representative.
Accessibility & Privacy Statement Links
|Blackboard Ally||Privacy Statement||Accessibility Statement|
|Blackboard Collaborate||Privacy Statement||Accessibility Statement|
|Blackboard Learn||Privacy Statement||Accessibility Statement|
|Blackboard Mobile App||Privacy Statement||Accessibility Statement|
|Blackboard SafeAssign||Privacy Statement||Accessibility Statement|
Student Confidentiality (FERPA)
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records whereby parents or eligible students have the right to inspect and review the student's education records, and the right to request that a school correct records, and that schools must have written permission from the parent or eligible student in order to release any information from a student's education record.
More information about FERPA.