UTRGV Continuing Education has partnered with World Instructor Training Schools (W.I.T.S.) to offer a comprehensive Personal Trainer Certification program that offers students the latest knowledge in a range of fitness training topics. Taught over a 5-week period, this course includes 15 hours of lecture in topics including anatomy, biomechanics, nutrition, legal and safety issues, as well as 15 hours of hands-on practical fitness labs covering exercise prescription, fitness testing, health assessment, using fitness equipment, role-playing drills, presentation skills, and mastering the art and science of personal training.
What You Will You Learn:
• Understand and describe basic anatomy, Kinesiology, and exercise physiology
• Assess an individual’s level of fitness using ACSM guidelines
• Design and customize exercise programs
• Demonstrate proper execution of resistance, cardio, and flexibility exercises
• Demonstrate at least one strength exercise for every major muscle group
• Explain ACSM and AHA recommendations for cardiovascular exercise
Anyone who is interested in becoming a Certified Personal Trainer, whether it be for a career move or for personal knowledge.
High school diploma or GED.
Ms. Janice Ponce
Note: If you are applying for the Continuing Education Private Loan to cover the registration fee for a non-credit continuing education program, then please use the UTRGV Continuing Education School Code: 003599. The loan amount you note in the application cannot exceed the open enrollment fee noted on our website. The minimum for the loans must be $500.00. Some service charges may apply.
Please email email@example.com once you have been approved by your loan provider so we may certify your loan.
Edinburg Course Information
October 16, 2021 - December 4, 2021
Lecture: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Gym: 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Lecture: 15 hrs
Gym: 15 hrs
Lecture: Edinburg CESS Building
Gym: Gold's Gym -Edinburg, TX
Ms. Janice Ponce