Frequently Asked Questions

Registration and Payment

Our courses are non-credit/non-academic and open to the public. You do not need to be a UTRGV student to enroll in PEWD continuing education courses. 

You can register and pay online with your debit/credit card or e-check by selecting the course from the course listing on our website.  

Yes, you can register for multiple courses by adding them to your cart and paying online collectively.  

Yes, paying online with a credit card, debit card, or e-check is preferable for record-keeping.

Payment is required in full before the course starts.

Registration closes one business day before the program’s start date at noon. 

No, installment plans are not available. A private loan option is available for qualifying participants and programs. 

Access the loan online application on our course website under the private loan section. UTRGV Professional Education and Workforce Development only accepts Sallie Mae as a loan provider. Use UTRGV Continuing Education School Code: 00359902 when applying.
The loan amount cannot exceed the open enrollment fee and loans do not cover additional expenses.
Instructions for paying with cash at the UTRGV Bursar Office can be obtained by contacting us two weeks before the course start date via email at
Currently, our payment system does not accept American Express credit cards. 
Contact our office via email with contact details, company information, course information, and Purchase Order. An invoice for payment will be sent to you via email for processing. 

Financial Aid

Federal Financial Aid does not cover non-credit courses. Explore private loans or funding through Workforce Solutions for eligible courses.

Payment plans or scholarships are not available for Continuing Education programs.

These benefits do not cover non-academic Continuing Education programs. Contact our office to obtain more information on customized training for a group of Veterans.

Program Information

While there is no strict dress code, it is advisable to dress comfortably and modestly for classes. Some healthcare programs may advise participants to use scrubs.

Course materials are provided on the first day of class. 

Access to course materials and resources after the course ends is limited for online platforms. If participants have purchased books during the course, they can refer to those materials for continued access and reference after the course concludes.

A digital certificate of completion is provided via Accredible. The digital certificate can be downloaded, saved, printed, or shared on social media platforms. Entry-level personal enrichment courses do not receive a certificate of completion.

Our test preparation programs begin with a practice exam. If you foresee missing the initial day of a test prep session, please reach out to our team in advance via email at to make necessary arrangements.

Class sizes vary based on the program. Smaller class sizes allow for more personalized attention.

Requirements may vary by program. Contact us for guidance if you do not meet the standard high school completion criteria.

No, continuing education courses are short-term programs. Enrolling in one does not qualify participants for a student visa. 

No, all courses are taught in English. 

No, modules may be taken out of order and are not required to be from the same institution. Ensure to keep the certificates of completion for recordkeeping.

Yes, our Pharmacy Technician Program is Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Recognized under the Condensed Curriculum International Program (CCI). 

Textbooks and materials are included in certain continuing education programs. For programs that do not include textbooks, you can purchase them directly from the publishing company, UTRGV Bookstore, Amazon, or Barnes and Noble. Textbook and materials information will be indicated on the individual program page.

Yes, all students, employees and nonpaid affiliates of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley are required to always have a V OneCard while on university property. Please visit UTRGV Campus Card Services to learn how to obtain your V OneCard.

Students requiring accommodation should contact our office to learn about the process.


Any vehicle parked on university property must always display a permit, except on weekends and university-approved holidays that require campus closure. You can learn more about UTRGV Parking Rules and Policies here.

For permit costs, please contact UTRGV Parking and Transportation at 956-665-2738. Mention that you are enrolled in a Continuing Education [specify program] located at UTRGV Community Engagement & Student Success (CESS) Building in Edinburg and specify the days of your program.

Refunds and Course Changes

A written request is required at least three business days before the program’s start date. Email your request to Refunds and/or course substitutions are not available after the program start date. Partial refunds will not be granted. 

Credit/debit card reimbursements are processed within 5–7 business days. Payments with checks and cash may take longer. 

Participants have the option to receive a full refund or transfer payments to the next available schedule if a course is canceled.

A written request is required. Email your request to

General Information

The Subscribe form is a way for you to share your email and receive updates, newsletters, or notifications from UTRGV Professional Education and Workforce Development. It helps you stay informed about new programs, events, or promotions.
Upon completing the registration and online payment, instructions for accessing the online course content will be provided within 1-2 business days.
UTRGV Professional Education and Workforce Development reserves the right to adjust class schedules, substitute instructors, or cancel classes due to insufficient enrollments. Full refunds are provided for canceled classes.
Professional associations and organizations require their licensed and certified members to update their skills by acquiring Continuing Education Units (CEUs) recognized by their approving entity. Many of our continuing education offerings are designed and designated to issue CEUs. Visit the website to learn which programs include Continuing Education Units (CEUs).