Call for Award Nominations
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Center for Online Learning and Teaching Technology (COLTT) invites nominations for its 4th Annual Excellence in Online Learning Conference (EOLC) Awards. The 2020 Awards is an opportunity to recognize UTRGV faculty for their exemplary teaching and innovative practices in the use of online instructional technology to improve student success in online courses. We will recognize award recipients during the closing awards ceremony of the conference, except for the Faculty Excellence Award in Online Teaching. Recipients will also receive a stipend via ePAF. Please note that the stipend is subject to standard deductions and based on the university's payment guidelines.
The 2020 EOLC has four award categories:
- Faculty Excellence Award in Online Teaching Award
- Excellence in Hybrid Teaching Award
- Innovation Award
- Open Educational Resources Award
General Awards Process
- The nominee has taught two semesters at UTRGV.
- To be considered, submit a completely filled-out application.
- The nominee has completed the Applying the Quality Matters Rubric Workshop.
Nominations for Awards
- Any UTRGV faculty or staff may nominate an individual for either award category; self-nominations accepted.
- Individual award nominations are completed via online application.
|February 3, 2020||Call for Nominations Opens|
|March 8, 2020||Call for Nominations Closed|
|March 27, 2020||Winners notified through email*|
|April 3, 2020||Award Winners Announced on Conference Day*|
*exception of Faculty Excellence Awards in Online Teaching
Nominations are confidential, and all award nomination materials are confidential. An Awards Committee will review submitted materials. Self-nominations are accepted.