Transient Students

Continue your studies during your summer break at UTRGV by enrolling as a Transient student.  You are considered a Transient student if you are currently attending another college or university in the United States and intend to enroll at UTRGV with the intent of returning to your home institution.

Check to see if the course you are interested in taking requires pre-requisites by reviewing the Class Schedule.

Meet with an academic advisor at your home institution to ensure the course you are interested in taking will transfer and is needed for your degree plan.

UTRGV utilizes the ApplyTexas application.  When completing this online form, identify yourself as a transient student.  There is no application fee. You will also have to complete the UTRGV Transient Request Form and submit it to our office for review. Click here to download the Transient Student application form.

  • Summer semester Priority Deadline is May 1.  We encourage you to apply by the preferred application deadline.  Application processing requires time to evaluate credentials, address TSI issues and review data.

After you submit your ApplyTexas application, you will receive an email from us that includes your UTRGV ID, allowing you to access My Assist.  Instructions on how to set up MyAssist are found here. 

Request a current official transcript from your home institution and submit it to UTRGV.  You must meet admission requirements of 2.0 GPA and be in good standing at your home institution.

Submit proof of Bacterial Meningitis vaccine.  New and returning students under the age of 22 must receive the bacterial meningitis vaccination.  Additional information about this requirement can be found in the UTRGV Undergraduate Catalog.

All required documents can be submitted in several ways:

In-person at U Central Locations:

Edinburg Location:

  • 1st Floor Student Services Building (ESSBL)1201 West University DriveEdinburg, Texas 78539

  • Office Hours: 8:00 – 6:00pm M-Th, 8:00 – 5:00pm F

 Brownsville Location:

  • The Tower, Main 1.1001 West University Boulevard Brownsville, Texas 78520

  • Office Hours: 8:00 – 5:00pm M-F

Mail to:

UTRGV Student Enrollment 
Visitors Center 1.113
1201 W. University Drive
Edinburg, Texas 78539

Electronic Submission of Documents can be emailed to:

Please check with your home institution regarding financial aid eligibility.

Transient students are allowed to register at any time after they have been admitted. If you are unable to register for a course, please contact UCentral for assistance.

Tuition and fees must be paid by the Summer payment deadlines, see deadlines.

If you will require a parking permit, It’s easily done through our online system.
Visit Various forms of payment are accepted.


Office is Closed