Student Emergency Fund
The purpose of this Student Emergency Fund is to provide limited, last-resort, financial assistance to currently enrolled students who are experiencing a sudden emergency, accident, or unforeseen event that requires additional emergency monetary assistance in order to support their ability to stay enrolled and focused on their academic career.
Award amounts may vary and are only awarded once per year. Decisions regarding the disbursement of funds are made on a case-by-case basis. Awards do not require repayments.
How to Apply
- Applicants must be currently enrolled at UTRGV during the semester they seek financial assistance. (Dual enrollment, concurrent enrollment, and transient students are not eligible to apply).
- Applicants must have a nonrecurring emergency, accident or unforeseen event that must be taken care of immediately.
- The student’s capability to attend UTRGV must somehow be in jeopardy due to the emergency.
- Other possible financial resources must have been considered and deemed insufficient or unavailable in a timely manner.
- Applicants must be able to provide all requested documentation.
- Preference will be given to first-time applicants.
The Student Emergency Fund CANNOT be used to cover any of the following expenses
- Study abroad costs
- Parking tickets and other university-imposed fines
- Costs for entertainment, recreation, non-emergency travel (e.g. Study Abroad)
Applicants will need to provide the following information:
- Select reason for the request
- Description of emergency expense
- Submit enrollment and eligibility acknowledgment
|Summer I 2023||06/05/2023-07/11/2023|
|Summer Module I 2023||05/03/2023-06/21/2023|
|Summer II 2023||07/13/2023-08/18/2023|
|Summer Module II 2023||06/28/2023-08/16/2023|
Want to Help a Student Experiencing an Unexpected Emergency?
Donations to the Student Emergency Fund can be made by mail or online.
Please make the check payable to UT Rio Grande Valley and add the purpose of “Student Emergency Fund” in the check memo.
Mail check to:
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
Division of Institutional Advancement
701 E. Expressway 83, Box#13
McAllen, TX 78501
Donors may also visit us online at https://give.utrgv.edu/studentemergencyfund.