Frequently Asked Questions for our Master's Accelerated Online Programs
  • Do I need to file a degree plan or meet with an advisor?

    When you were admitted you should have received a welcome email from the program with a copy of your degree plan. If you haven’t seen it, check your junk mail folder.   Since MSHS has no electives, you only need to follow the degree plan provided.  MSHS has a faculty advisor who will be able to help you with most of your questions and advising needs for the MSHS program. The MSHS faculty advisor is Kim Garcia.  You can reach Ms. Garcia at (956) 665-4781 or by email: kim.garcia@utrgv.edu

  • Can I use financial aid, scholarships, veteran’s benefits etc for MSHS?

    UTRGV accepts most standard forms of financial aid.  You must have a current FAFSA application on file.  The financial aid department can help you with all questions related to financial aid. UTRGV has a webpage on paying for college and the Financial Aid Office/U Central has a page on financial aid for accelerated programs. You should also check with your employer and other organizations you are a member of to see if they offer financial assistance.  

  • Why don’t I see my classes on Blackboard? Am I registered correctly?

    Your class may not be visible on Blackboard until the first day of classes.  Some instructors release their courses early, so you may see one class and not see another.  If you do not see your course on the first day of scheduled classes for the module, please contact COLLT  It is also a good idea to email your instructor (include your name as it appears in Assist, your student ID number and your course/section) and let them know.  Your instructor may be able to provide a copy of the syllabus and readings so you don’t get behind while getting your access restored.  

    To verify that you registered correctly, refer to your program of study and compare that to the classes you see on your schedule/in Assist.
  • How and when do I apply for graduation?

    We recommend you apply 3 months prior to your expected graduation.  Print the graduation application, complete it, sign it, scan it and email it to gradcollege@utrgv.edu  There is a fee associated with the application.  Please check Assist for the graduation fee and make sure you pay it.

    Go into Assist and check/update your personal information including mailing address, alternate email address and phone number so you can be contacted about graduation if needed and so your diploma is mailed to the correct address.

    Once the application is processed through the Graduate College it is turned over to the registrar’s office.  The registrar's office should contact you to ask if you want to participate in the next Commencement.  Dates for commencement are posted on the UTRGV academic calendar.

    Bookmark the UTRGV commencement webpage and follow this page for the latest on commencement activities.  Check your UTRGV email for updates from the registrar’s office or Graduate College about commencement.   Commencement exercises are planned and organized by the registrar's office and they are the department to contact for questions about commencement.

    If you just want the diploma, that will be mailed in about 6 weeks after your graduation date. 

  • How do I get my cap and gown? What are the colors for MSHS?

    You can order graduation regalia through the UTRGV bookstore .   Caps and gowns are black and the hood color for MSHS is gold.
  • Where can I get more information on a career in Healthcare Administration?

    Discover Health Admin Careers
    Explore Paths in Healthcare Administration