Mission, Vision, and Core Values
UTRGV serves the Rio Grande Valley and beyond via an innovative and unique multicultural education dedicated to student access and success. By championing leading research, healthcare, and application of University discoveries, we support sustainable development, community engagement, and well-being.
*Pending approval by The University of Texas System Board of Regents.
Drawing on our unique identity as the leading Hispanic-Serving Institution in a bilingual and bicultural environment, UTRGV will promote student access and success by building from strength in education and creating a vibrant campus experience. By 2027, we will accelerate transformation in the Rio Grande Valley and beyond by driving meaningful advancements in research and creative works, expanding access to high-quality and affordable healthcare, and fostering authentic community engagement and integration.
- Excellence: We commit to cultivating the best academic, cultural, and service-oriented experience for all members of the UTRGV community.
- Diversity, Access, and Inclusion: We cultivate a multicultural and welcoming environment that grants all members of our community ample opportunities to thrive.
- Inquiry, Discovery, and Creativity: We push boundaries in research and scholarship, welcome diverse perspectives, and value creative problem-solving.
- Shared Leadership and Accountability: We commit to our responsibility as leaders on our campuses and in our community and we take ownership for our actions and our results.
- Student-centricity: We recognize that students are central to our mission, and we provide valuable and diverse opportunities for them to learn, lead, and serve.
- Collaboration: We encourage a spirit of collegiality and mutual respect among all members of our community in pursuit of our shared goals.
- Adaptability: We commit to being flexible and agile and maintaining a positive mindset to change.