Emergency Information

Crisis Help Information for Clients and Students

The Counseling and Training Clinic functions both as a community Clinic for the provision of counseling services and as a training site for Master's level students and Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) interns who are the direct services providers (Counselors in Training).

The Counseling and Training Clinic is able to provide services to individuals only during standard operating hours. These hours are currently 1:00 PM to 9:00 PM on Mondays through Thursdays and 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Fridays.

The Counseling and Training Clinic is closed during school holidays. If you are receiving services at The Counseling and Training Clinic and have need of counseling at a time when The Counseling and Training Clinic is closed or your counselor is not available, please use the information below.

Main number for any type of emergency: 911

Emergency Health Provider Contact Information
Health Provider Address Phone (956)
Behavioral Hospital at Renaissance 5510 Raphael Drive
Edinburg, Texas 78539
362-4357 | 362-HELP
South Texas Behavioral Health Center 2102 W. Trenton
Edinburg, Texas
Tropical Texas Center for Mental Health
and Mental Retardation
1901 S. 24th Ave.
Edinburg, TX
Alternative Phone: 1-800-764-7661
Edinburg Regional Medical Center 1102 W. Trenton Rd.
Edinburg, TX 78539
Mujeres Unidas/Women Together 511 N. Cynthia St.
McAllen, TX
Poison Control (emergency)   1-800-764-7661
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline   1-800-273-8255

You may download the emergency information provided on this page as a PDF document.

IMPORTANT: If you are in a crisis situation, please state clearly to the on-call mental health worker at the facility which you are contacting that you are in crisis and need emergency care. If a critical need is not conveyed, the mental health worker may not be able to properly assess your status.

You may go to your nearest or preferred hospital emergency room, where you will be evaluated and given the appropriate care. You may also contact your family physician, psychiatrist, psychologist, or other mental health professional.