COVID-19 Financial Aid FAQ

  • If I or my spouse or parents (if dependent) have experienced a recent job loss, increased medical expenses, or other financial hardship due to COVID-19, can I qualify for additional financial aid assistance?

    You may qualify for an income reduction or a cost of attendance adjustment, which will allow the financial aid office to make adjustments to your financial aid package given your current situation. To help determine your eligibility for an income reduction or a cost of attendance adjustment, we encourage you to schedule an appointment to discuss your specific situation with a financial aid advisor. Appointments can be scheduled by calling 956-882-4026 or sending an email to Appointments are conducted either by phone or online via Zoom.
  • Due to COVID-19, are financial aid funds available to help cover living expenses or bills due to lost wages?

    If you received financial aid for this semester you can submit an additional aid request. If you are eligible, you may be awarded a federal student loan to help cover expenses.
  • If I drop my classes now, will it affect my financial aid for next year?

    All students must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) in order continue receiving financial aid. Review SAP requirements.
  • If I drop my classes, will I get a refund?

    No, the final day to drop spring classes and receive a partial refund was February 10, 2020.
  • Do I have more time to submit pending documents for financial aid?

    For the current semester, Spring 2020, and Summer 2020 terms, documents can be submitted online at Document Central. Click here to upload.

    For next academic year, Fall 2020 and Spring 2021, document submission is via ProVerifier+.
  • Is ProVerifier+ available to receive my documents?

    ProVerifier+ is accepting and processing documents for Fall 2020 and forward. Processing may take 4-5 business days.
  • Is the Financial Aid Office open?

    To ensure your continued safety and adhere to recent county, city, and campus guidelines, The Financial Aid Office has modified our services. Although we are not assisting students on campus at this time, we are readily available to help you via email, phone call, and online submission of documents. Please email us at or call us at 956-882-4026. We are working diligently to respond to all inquiries promptly.
  • How can I meet with a Financial Aid advisor?

    Your safety is our highest priority, and we encourage you to remain home. You can schedule an appointment with a Financial Aid advisor by calling 956- 882-4026 or email Appointments scheduled with a Financial Aid Advisor are conducted either via ZOOM or over the phone.
  • How will Pass/No Pass affect my satisfactory academic progress (SAP) for financial aid?

    Pass/no pass grades will not have an impact on your GPA. Pass/no pass grades will count towards your attempted hours and maximum time frame for financial aid Satisfactory Academic Progress. If you opt for pass/no pass grades for your courses and you are already deficient in GPA, you could move from a Warning and/or Appeal status to a Suspension status because your GPA will remain the same. If you are considering moving from a standard letter grading option to pass/no pass, you should seek guidance from Financial Aid to understand the implications related to your financial aid satisfactory academic progress.