Preparing for Residency Applications and Interviews
Strengthen Your Application
- Craft a personal statement that differentiates you positively from the pack.
- Collect letters of recommendation that clearly convey each writer’s up-close experience working with you as well as their strong support for your candidacy.
- Polish your digital image, which programs may use to learn more about you.
Identify Residency Programs that Best Fit You
- Use your school alumni and other networks to learn more about different training paths and the opportunities they lead to in your desired specialty.
- Clarify and prioritize what you want from your residency training so you can identify the programs that will support these education and career goals.
- Thoroughly research residency programs, even with limited or no access to programs in-person.
- Determine how many and which programs to apply to.
Careers in Medicine
EMEBL 3.161 (Edinburg)
Phone: (956) 296-1280