With UTRGV transitioning to fully online instruction starting March 23, the School of Medicine is in the process of implementing its academic continuity plan in accordance with The University of Texas System guidance. We want to assure you that we have worked swiftly to coordinate all the resources available to us through the university in addition to creating some new sources of guidance specific to SOM needs.
To ensure the continuation of our student’s education, the following resources are available to you now and more will be added as needed including a brief weekly email with tips and best practices for remote teaching.
Faculty Development Videos
Our Faculty Development Videos provide SOM faculty with teaching tips for creating online learning experiences, online teaching best practices, curriculum design, taking clerkship online and more.
Blackboard Learn is our institution's learning management system. Blackboard helps you engage learners in exciting new ways, reaching them on their terms and devices. Intuitive new features make it even easier for educators to manage content, personalize courses, foster collaboration, and connect with learners.
Need Help with Blackboard?
If you need help during normal campus operations, please contact the Blackboard office.
If you need help in the event campus offices are required to work remotely, please access the Continuity Support tab in Blackboard for COLTT contact information.
Use Zoom for Meetings
Zoom is an online video and audio conferencing platform that makes it easy to hold impromptu or scheduled one-to-one or group meetings, teach online courses, conduct online training, and host webinars.
Download & Install Zoom
- Use Software Center to download and install Zoom on a UTRGV computer.
- Go to zoom.us/download to install the Zoom client, plugins, extensions, and mobile apps.
Zoom Guides for Remote Meetings
- How to Join a Zoom Meeting (PDF)
- Adding Zoom Client to Desktop (PDF)
- How to start your meeting using the Zoom Desktop Client (PDF)
- How to schedule a Zoom meeting in Outlook using the Zoom app (PDF)
- Install and Get Started with Zoom
- How to Join a Zoom Meeting
- How to Schedule Meetings with Zoom
- How to Schedule a meeting with Microsoft Outlook plugin (desktop)
- How to Share Your Screen
- Additional Zoom Tutorials
Use Panopto for live class sessions
Panopto enables faculty to schedule lecture recordings ahead of time for fully-automated lecture capture, and provides your team with total control over your entire recording infrastructure from any web browser.
How to access Panopto:
- Sign in to my.utrgv.edu
- Click on Blackboard.
- Open a course.
- Select Panopto Media from the sidebar menu.
Download & Install
*Panopto Web Server: utrgv.hosted.panopto.com