Welcome to the Department of Molecular Science
The vision of the School of Medicine's Molecular Science Department is to build a body of outstanding research faculty who provide leadership in research and education and are supported by state-of-the-art research infrastructure in terms of equipment and human resources. To contribute to student success by imparting competency-based knowledge that equips individuals with traits necessary to successfully compete for position openings. To use scientific advances to promote health and wellness in the Rio Grande Valley Communities.
- Provide students with the fundamental principles and skills necessary for professional, research, and academic success.
- Foster the development of a strong and diverse biomedical workforce.
- Contribute scientific advances to promote health and wellness of residents in the RGV communities and beyond.
- Facilitate effective communication between the community and the department.
- Diversity, Access and Inclusion
- Health and Well-Being
- Inquiry, Discovery and Creativity
- Integrity and Leadership
- Engagement and Impact
Andrew Tsin, PhD
Frances J. Garcia
Administrative Assistant II
Department of Molecular Science
UTRGV Biomedical Research Bldg.
5300 L St, McAllen, TX 78504
Phone: (956) 296-1705