For questions, assistance, or to report an issue, please contact the COLTT Help Desk at 956-665-5327 or 956-882-6792.Browse Help Articles Submit a Ticket
Temporary Account Request Form
What is this request for?
The Temporary Account request form is a request to grant temporary Blackboard access to non-traditional students or newly hired faculty members that do not have an official UTRGV account yet. This temporary access is only to give them access to the courses they will be taking or teaching. With this type of access, users may start working on their courses, developing and uploading their course content and assignments. Temporary accounts are typically available only for 30 days or upon the student/instructor gets full access to Blackboard using their official UTRGV account.
Temporary accounts cannot be merged with official UTRGV accounts in our LMS(Blackboard). We do not recommend students/faculty to save personal files or content in their temporary user accounts for the same reason.
- A department chair, supervisor, faculty member, or administrative assistant will submit a ticket requesting to create a temporary user account.
- The COLTT Help Desk will provide the requestor with a new form to submit the request. In this form, you need to provide the information of the users, the type of role required, and the course(s) that he/she needs access to.
- The request form will be reviewed and approved by our LMS Manager.
- Once approved, our COLTT Help Desk will create the temporary account.
- COLTT Help Desk will inform you once the request is completed.
- The login credentials will be distributed to the end-user via email(to the personal email address provided in the request form).
- The COLTT Help Desk will close the case once everything is completed.
Note: Please allow 24 hours for this process to be completed.