Bachelor of Applied Technology in Health Sciences Technology
The Bachelor of Applied Technology in Health Sciences Technology prepares individuals for leadership positions in health services, education, vocational, corporate training, and consulting, and other highly marketable fields.
About the Program
- Complete in as few as 36 months
- 42 general education credit hours + 36 AAS Degree credit hours + 42 major credit hours
This degree is designed to build on a career developed at the A.A.S. level by adding skills in leadership and
A – GENERAL EDUCATION CORE – 42 HOURS
030 - Life and Physical Science – 6 hours
- BIOL 2401 Anatomy and Physiology I three-hour lecture
- BIOL 2402 Anatomy and Physiology II three-hour lecture
080 - Social and Behavioral Sciences – 3 hours
- SOCI 1301 Introduction to Sociology
- PSYC 2301 General Psychology
090 - Integrative and Experiential Learning – 2 hours
- BIOL 2401 Anatomy and Physiology I one-hour lab
- BIOL 2402 Anatomy and Physiology II one-hour lab
B – AAS DEGREE OR EQUIVALENT ASSOCIATE DEGREE IN A HEALTH FIELD – 36 HOURS
C – MAJOR REQUIREMENTS – 42 HOURS (42 advanced)
Department approval is required.
1 – Health Services Professional Core – 30 hours (30 advanced)
- HPRS 3301 Introduction to the Evolving Healthcare System
- HPRS 3302 Medical Law/Ethics for the Health Professional
- HPRS 3309 Leading and Managing the Healthcare Team
- HPRS 3316 Nutrition Concepts for Allied Health Practitioners
- HPRS 3320 Patient Education in Health Sciences
- HPRS 3324 Teaching in the Health Sciences
- HPRS 4301 Introduction to Health Data Utilization
- HPRS 4302 Continuous Quality Improvement
- HPRS 4312 Applied Pathophysiology
- HPRS 4334 Issues and Trends in Health Care
2 – Advanced Electives – 12 hours (12 advanced)
Complete 12 hours of advanced electives; HPRS courses are highly recommended.
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley has specific deadline requirements that you must meet in order to enroll.
Tuition and Financial Aid
UT Rio Grande Valley's 100% online programs offer affordable tuition, and financial aid is available for those who qualify.
UTRGV is an equal opportunity institution in the administration of its financial aid programs. In keeping with this policy, financial aid is extended to students without regard to race, creed, sex, national origin, veteran status, religion, age, or disability.