Preparation Checklist for Faculty
- IMPORTANT: Setup Duo Two-Factor Authentication if you have not already done so. Duo is required to access your UTRGV Email off-campus.
- Download the Blackboard Instructor Mobile App to send announcements, grade on the go, and view content.
- Select a communication method that students can expect to receive notifications from.
- COLTT recommends using Blackboard Announcements as they appear within your course, Blackboard mobile app, and can be sent out as an email.
- Identify an option for holding class and/or office hours virtually.
- Upload your Syllabus and update it as necessary.
- Upload at least three weeks of course content.
- This could include items such as: Readings, PowerPoints, Recorded Panopto Lectures, Videos, etc.
- COLTT recommends uploading files as PDFs as they're typically a smaller file size.
- If you are not actively using Blackboard in your face-to-face course, consider filling out the "Start Here" section of Blackboard, so your students will know how to navigate your course.
Accessibility and Universal Design for Learning
- Prepare your documents using accessibility best practices so that students using assistive technologies can easily navigate them.
- Utilize Blackboard Ally to correct any accessibility issues with your documents.