Resources for Students
UTRGV students have access to a robust print and digital collection and are provided a breadth of library and learning resources services, including instruction in the use of these resources and access to expert librarians to assist with research and other scholarly activities. The UTRGV Library Website serves as the gateway to all library resources and services and allows students to search or browse for books, online journals, select articles, and online databases. Students can also submit interlibrary loan requests, find library policies and procedures, current events, research guides, library request forms, and more.
Key library services for students
- Ask A Librarian – Contact a librarian for assistance.
- Poster Printing – Print posters for academic use such as presenting at a conference, symposium, or for research/course presentation.
- Study Rooms – Reserve a study room online for individual or group study.
- Graduate Lounge – The Graduate Lounge located on the 3rd floor of the Edinburg library is available for individual study and research.
- Events – Find out the latest events, exhibits, presentations, trainings, and workshops at the University Library.
- Training Guides & Other Documents
- Fall 2022: Library resources to get you started - Quick guide of library resources and services that you can download at your convenience or bookmark for quick access.
- Key Library Resources For Graduate Students – Infographic with quick links that you can download at your convenience or bookmark for quick access.
- Research Consultations – Schedule a research consultation with a Research and Instruction librarian.
- Interlibrary Loan – Request materials not available at the University Library.
- Databases – The library has access to over 200 databases. Search by subject to find databases that support your topic.
- Research Guides – Research guides are a one-stop-shop for students to find resources on a specific topic.
- ORCID Registration – Contact email@example.com to get help signing up for an ORCID ID.