The Basic English for Adult Learners Program is designed for adults who have not completed their education in their first language and want to learn or improve their English speaking, listening, reading, and basic writing skills to survive in society. With courses available on Mondays and Wednesdays, or Fridays, this part-time program is offered in three levels.
* Until further notice, due to COVID-19 restrictions, in-class courses will be primarily offered online via Zoom, Microsoft Teams, or Blackboard. However, we will allow up to 9 participants in the classroom on a first-come, first-served basis. If you wish to secure your in-person seat, please email email@example.com as soon as you complete the registration for the course.
The first level introduces participants to elemental vocabulary and expressions, dialogues, and reading passages to participants who have zero to a little degree of literacy, no speaking vocabulary or a little, and no or some knowledge of the alphabet. Participants will learn components in the Survival English, Book 1 textbook.
The second level introduces participants to further vocabulary and expressions, dialogues, and reading passages to participants who have a little or some degree of literacy, a little speaking vocabulary, and knowledge of the alphabet. Participants will learn components in the Survival English, Book 2 textbook.
The third level introduces participants to additional vocabulary and expressions, dialogues, and reading passages to participants who have some degree of literacy, a small speaking vocabulary, and knowledge of the alphabet. Participants will learn components in the Survival English, Book 3 textbook.
Basic English for Adult Learners Program Calendar
Fridays 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
|Session||Course Dates||Promotional Tuition (USD)||Promotional Deadline||Tuition (USD)||Refund Deadline|
|Summer I 2021||June 4 – Aug. 6||$350||May 21||$400||May 31|
|Fall 2021||Oct. 1 – Dec. 3||$350||Sep. 17||$400||Sep. 27|
|Spring I 2022||Jan. 7 – March 11||$350||Dec. 17||$400||Jan. 4|
|Spring II 2022||March 25 – May 27||$350||March 11||$400||March 21|
APPLICATION AND PAYMENT
- Program Requirements
- Process placement test payment registration. (non-refundable)
- Register and pay.
- Participants must be 18 years or older.
- U.S. Citizens or Resident Aliens should bring their birth certificate, resident alien card or employment authorization letter.
- This program does not offer F-1 visa. International Students are welcomed to apply for our Online program session.
- Transfers to another session are Not Allowed without prior approval.
- We require a written request emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 business days prior to the start date of the course to get the registration fee refunded in full. Partial refunds are not available.
- It takes 5-7 business days to process refunds for credit/debit card payments.
- All new participants under the age of 22 must submit evidence of receiving the meningitis vaccine or booster shot (administered within the past five years) or evidence of exemption before they can enroll. Participants must provide proof of vaccination 10 days before the first day of the program.
- The LI teaches grammar as a foundation for communication.
- Listening and Speaking
- Conversation, discussion, and structured listening practice help participants gain confidence speaking and understanding English in everyday situations.
- Reading and Writing
- Participants improve their ability to read and remember more, as well as learn how to write paragraphs and compositions.
- Vocabulary and Idioms
- The LI teaches participants the words needed to communicate clearly. Learning idioms helps participants express themselves naturally in English.
- Grade Report
- At the end of each term, LI sends all participants a final evaluation of their performance in the program.
- At the end of each session, participants who successfully complete the requirements of the LI receive a Certificate of Participation.