Admission Requirements and Registration Procedures
Participants should apply to the Language Institute at least two months before the program begins.
The Language Institute’s programs are for participants and professionals who:
- Are 18 years of age and older
- Have completed high school or the equivalent in their country
Participants are required to send via email or mail the following items:
- Review specific program requirements.
- Submit the application electronically.
- Process placement test payment registration.
* For the Intensive English Program, participants must have completed high school or the equivalent in their country.
* For most programs, except for Spanish courses, the placement test registration confirmation must be provided.
Our office will assist participants to complete their registration Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Contact us by email, at the Language Institute sites, or by calling us at either our Edinburg or Brownsville locations:
1407 E. Freddy Gonzalez
CESS Bldg., Rm. 1.700
Edinburg, TX 78539-2999
Phone: (956) 665-2133
Fax: (956) 665-5001
1601 E. Price Rd. Ste. "E"
Resaca Village Plaza
Brownsville, TX 78521
Phone: (956) 882-4178
The prices of our programs are located on the corresponding course page.
- We require a written request emailed to email@example.com at least 3 business days prior to the start date of the course to get the registration fee refunded in full. Partial refunds are not available.
- It takes 5-7 business days to process refunds for credit/debit card payments.
Financial Aid and Scholarships are not available to LI participants.
Participants who apply to the following programs are required to take a placement test: Intensive English Program, Semi-Intensive English Program, Survival English Adult Learners Program, and TOEFL Test Prep.
Specially trained instructors will determine participants' level of proficiency and place them into the appropriate level. Participants are placed in a class with other partcipants of the same ability.