IBM® SPSS Statistics® and SPSS® Amos™
SPSS is an acronym for Statistical Package for the Social Sciences. It is a statistical package that performs highly complex data manipulation and analysis using simple instructions.
IBM® SPSS Statistics® and SPSS® Amos™ are available to UTRGV students, faculty, and educational/academic researchers.
IBM® SPSS Statistics® is an integrated family of products that addresses the entire analytical process, from planning, data collection, and analysis to reporting and deployment. With more than a dozen fully integrated modules to choose from, you can find the specialized capabilities you need to conduct research and make better decisions from your data.
IBM® SPSS Amos™ software enables you to specify, estimate, assess, and present models to show hypothesized relationships among variables. The software allows you to build models more accurately than with standard multivariate statistics techniques. Users can choose either the graphical user interface or non-graphical, programmatic interface.
SPSS Amos allows you to build attitudinal and behavioral models that reflect complex relationships.
- Provides Structural Equation Modeling (SEM) that is easy to use and lets you easily compare, confirm, and refine models.
- Uses Bayesian analysis to improve estimates of model parameters.
- Offers various data imputation methods to create different data sets.
PurposeProvide UTRGV students, faculty, and educational/academic researchers a statistical and graphical analytics software that is easy to use in obtaining accurate and reliable results for data.
IBM® SPSS Statistics® and SPSS Amos™
- Can ONLY be used for University-related academic work or research (please see restrictions listed below for hospitals, clinics, and University operational and administrative uses).
- CANNOT be used in hospitals or clinics
- CANNOT be used for University operational or administrative purposes (non-academic or non-educational)
SPSS is available on-or-off-campus through the University's Virtual Computer Labs (vLabs).
The minimum hardware requirements to run this software are as follows:
- 2gb of disk space
- 4gb of Ram, 8gb recommended
- Windows 7, 8.x,10
- Mac OSX 10.8 or greater
Download & Install
Learn how to download and install IBM® Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS®) Amos for Students.
Learn how to download and install IBM® Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS®) Amos for Faculty and Researchers.
Training & ResourcesNo training is available at this time.
For questions, assistance, or to report an issue, please visit the IT Support Center.Visit IT Support Center