Main DescriptionCascade is a Website Content Management (WCM) service that allows UTRGV academic and administrative departments to create, deliver, and manage content, resources, and documents via an official UTRGV website.
Website Content Management (WCM) Services provide UTRGV academic and administrative departments the ability to create, deliver, and manage content displayed on their website, using a Content Management System (CMS) called Cascade.
Reasons to use Cascade:
- Cascade creates a uniform and consistent web presence across UTRGV departments and divisions.
- Easy to use. People with no technical experience can use it to contribute to their website.
- Cascade is free to UTRGV faculty and staff.
- Information Technology (IT) offers Cascade training.
PLEASE NOTE: To access University resources, such as Cascade, you MUST have a valid and active UTRGV account.
To request access to Cascade, submit an IT access request through the IT Support Center and include the following information:
- Category Field: IT Resources.
- Resource: Cascade.
- Description: Add to App-Cascade-User group as a website contributor with access to the [Name of Department].
- NOTE: If the department does not have a website, submit a service request to request one be created. (see Service Request below)
Website Content Updates
Request for updates
Submit a service request in the IT Support Center to request a UTRGV website. Include the following information:
- Short Description: Request a UTRGV website for [Name of Department/Division].
- Description: Request the creation of a UTRGV website for [Name of Department/Division].
- NOTE: Technical Services will contact you to schedule a meeting to discuss content display for the website. Include available dates, times, and contact number.
Training & Resources
This training provides the basic skills to manage and edit website content to assist you in expediting the unveiling of your new website.
You will learn how to:
Log in to your website content management dashboard area
Create new webpages
Add, edit, and format content
Add documents (for downloading)
Publish content, and more
For One-on-one training: Submit a Service Request for Website Content Management Training in Cascade.
Online Registration: utrgv.edu/training.
For questions, assistance, or to report an issue, please visit the IT Support Center.Visit IT Support Center