Website Content Management (WCM) Services provide UTRGV academic and administrative departments the ability to create, deliver, and manage content displayed on their website, using a Content Management System (CMS) called Cascade.
Reasons to use Cascade:
- Cascade creates a uniform and consistent web presence across UTRGV departments and divisions.
- Easy to use. People with no technical experience can use it to contribute to their website.
- Cascade is free to UTRGV faculty and staff.
- Information Technology (IT) offers Cascade training.
PLEASE NOTE: To access University resources, such as Cascade, you MUST have a valid and active UTRGV account.
To request access to Cascade, submit an IT access request through the IT Support Center and include the following information:
- Category Field: IT Resources.
- Resource: Cascade.
- Description: Add to App-Cascade-User group as a website contributor with access to the [Name of Department].
- NOTE: If the department does not have a website, submit a service request to request one be created. (see Service Request below)
Website Content Updates
Request for updates
Submit a service request in the IT Support Center to request a UTRGV website. Include the following information:
- Short Description: Request a UTRGV website for [Name of Department/Division].
- Description: Request the creation of a UTRGV website for [Name of Department/Division].
- NOTE: Technical Services will contact you to schedule a meeting to discuss content display for the website. Include available dates, times, and contact number.
Training & Resources
This training provides the basic skills to manage and edit website content to assist you in expediting the unveiling of your new website.
You will learn how to:
Log in to your website content management dashboard area
Create new webpages
Add, edit, and format content
Add documents (for downloading)
Publish content, and more
For One-on-one training: Submit a Service Request for Website Content Management Training in Cascade.
Online Registration: utrgv.edu/training.
For questions, assistance, or to report an issue, please visit the UTRGV Support Center.Visit UTRGV Support Center