For questions, assistance, or to report an issue, please visit the IT Support Center.Visit IT Support Center
As shown on our Home page, below is the high level IT and Data Governance process. Before embarking on a new technology purchase, initiative or implementation, members of the UTRGV community should use the procedure outlined in the steps below to start the Input phase. Please note that this process applies to technology purchases regardless of purchase cost/amount.
Read the IT and Data Governance Cycle.
Procedure1. Input – In this stage of the process, members of the UTRGV community who have a need that is within the scope of the IT and Data Governance Program (see the Scope section on the Home page) must submit a request to the IT Project Management Office (PMO) before initiating the purchasing process as follows:
a. Log in to My UTRGV portal
b. Click on IT Support Center
c. Click on Idea/Project Request, complete and submit the form.
- UTRGV requires that an assessment be performed of new software, information resources, technology products, services or subscriptions before they are purchased. For more information, please go to Software Assessment Process.
- In order to allow the process to complete its course in a timely manner, requestors are encouraged to submit requests as soon as they are reasonably sure that there will be a technology need. Otherwise, late submissions may cause delays in getting projects completed by the required timeline.
- All departments, units or colleges that need advice or guidance about this process may contact PMO at any time: PMO@utrgv.edu
2. Decision – PMO will receive the Idea/Project Request, coordinate activities to gather additional information and will route requests to the appropriate committee(s) in the IT & Data Governance structure for review and approval or denial.
3. Funding – If approval is given, funding sources will need to be identified.
4. Execution - If approval is given, the IT Project Management Office (PMO) will manage or assign a project manager and report status. For approved requests that do not meet the criteria to be managed as a project, the requestor will be contacted so they may start the procurement process.