Hosting an Exchange Visitor

To host a Visiting Scholar, the hosting professor from UTRGV must submit a J-1 Exchange Visitor Application to the Office of International Programs and Partnerships.

Once the application is submitted to our department, the application will be processed and a DS-2019 form will be issued for the Exchange Visitor in order for them to obtain the J-1 visa needed to enter the U.S. and conduct research with their hosting professor here at UTRGV.