Travel Endorsement

All international students must obtain a travel endorsement on the back of the I-20 from the international student advisor before leaving the USA. The travel endorsement is valid for one-year. As an international student, it is your responsibility to keep your documentation in order. Make sure to request a travel endorsement at least seven days before your departure date.

Please make sure you comply with the following expectations:

  • I-20 must be signed every 12 months.
  • If you have moved, you must submit a “SEVIS Address Update Form” to the IA & SS within 10 days.
  • Any change in major or significant change in finances requires a new I-20 immediately.
  • No off-campus employment permitted without IA & SS authorization (required internships) or an employment authorization card.
  • Maximum of 20 hours per week on-campus employment during Fall and Spring semester.
  • Do not drop any classes without the permission of the IA & SS.
  • Maintain full-time enrollment in Fall and Spring semesters (12UG; 9GR). If you are not attending a class or failing, a professor may drop you from the class and it may result in a status violation; be proactive: attend class, if you are failing a class talk to your professor.
  • Only 3 credit hours of on-line classes each semester may count toward the full course enrollment requirement.
  • Know the expiration dates on your documents.  If they expire, you are out of status:
    • I-20 (If you qualify, extension requests must be submitted 45-60 days before the expiration date on your document)
    • Passport
  • Anytime you receive a new document (passport, visa, I-94) you must bring in a copy to the IA & SS immediately for your file.
  • If you are no longer going to study, you must leave the U.S. and submit your I-94 to immigration.

International SOS

As of April, 2010, ALL students, faculty and staff traveling internationally on a university-sponsored trip are required to register with International SOS prior to travel.  Please click HERE to register.