Frequently Asked Questions

Date: September 4, 2019

Dear UTRGV Faculty:

If you received an email notification to let you know that your Annual Review Dossier was available, it’s no longer available due to a Digital Measures technical error. We will be relaunching the workflow schedule today. This only affects Academic Affairs faculty who are under the “Annual Review” type. This does not affect Health Affairs faculty. Note that the Pathways Deadlines will remain the same. Thank you for your patience and understanding!


What is FPT, and what is Digital Measures (DM)?

FPT is UTRGV’s Faculty Portfolio Tool, and Digital Measures (DM) is the name of the company that developed “Activity Insight,” the database software for that system, a secure and reliable web-based tool for faculty to collect, manage and report their teaching, research, and service activities, along with their accomplishments and professional activities. Once the activities are entered this information is easily accessible and ready to use again and again. 

What are the benefits of FPT?

FPT provides a single point of entry for data that is frequently sought for reports. Faculty members can use the system to organize many facets of their academic and personal careers. Administrators can generate reports from FPT data, eliminating the need for frequent requests that faculty submit information on publications, grants or other productivity information.

Do I have to use FPT?

Yes. Maintaining an accurate profile is important. Internal documents (including CVs and tabular summaries) for annual review and tenure and promotion will be generated through FPT. Furthermore, Texas House Bill 2504 requires that all public universities make available online information on faculty members' CV including "post-secondary education," "teaching experience," and "significant professional publications." UTRGV will generate those profiles from FPT records.

Who will have access to the information in my FPT record?

Faculty members have full access to their own accounts. Department Chairs/School Directors , Deans, Faculty Success & Diversity, and the Office of the Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs, Student Success, and P-16 Integration have access as well. In addition, college administrative assistants may be given access to run reports.

Only information required by state law (CV’s with post-secondary education, teaching experience, and professional publications) will be posted online in faculty profiles with content drawn from your FPT record. You control which information is posted publicly through your FPT account.

How does FPT relate to the evaluation of faculty for tenure, promotion, or annual review?

FPT is merely a tool for collecting data. All criteria for evaluation are determined by departments, colleges, and the university through the procedures described in the Handbook of Operating Procedures. FPT will have no effect on assessment or evaluation criteria. The program will simply make generating reports for those evaluations easier.

Who will enter my information?

Some data, including “Degrees”, "Permanent Data," "Yearly Data," and "Scheduled Teaching" will be imported from Banner and Oracle. Faculty will upload or enter the content of their records. Faculty will be responsible for updating their records.

How do I enter or update my information?

Click on the "login" link at left, or direct your browser to Login with your UTRGV username and password. Select the FPT icon from your applications menu. Click on the "manage my data" link in the menu on the left side of the screen. You may edit entries in any section by clicking the "edit" link. Add entries by clicking "add". Detailed instructions and tutorials can be found in the "Instructions and Demonstrations" link at left. 

How often do I have to update my record?

The Office of the Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs, Student Success, and P-16 Integration will require that tabular summaries, CVs and Faculty Review Electronic Dossiers (FReD) used for internal purposes (e.g. tenure and promotion and annual review) will be generated through FPT. Faculty should plan to update their records with relevant activities at least once a year, normally in the fall, in advance of the deadline for these reports. FPT is, though, accessible year-round, and faculty often find it easier to update their records as events occur, works are published, etc.

Whom do I contact for help?

Each college has at least one faculty administrative contact. Please see the table below to find your contact. You can also contact the Office of Faculty Success & Diversity at

College Associate Dean Email Phone
College of Fine Arts Peter Dabrowski 956-665-2175
College of Business and Entrepreneurship Mark Blakemore 956-882-5828
College of Education and P-16 Integration Javier Cavazos 956-882-5709
College of Sciences Mohammed Farooqui 956-665-3543
College of Liberal Arts Pamela Anderson-Mejias 956-665-3551
College of Engineering and Computer Science Constantine Tarawneh 956-665-2607
University College Jose Saldivar 956-665-7368
College of Health Professions Chris Ledingham 956-882-5756
School of Nursing Lilia A. Fuentes 956-665-2384
School of Medicine Robert Nelson 956-296-1430
School of Social Work Shawn Saladin 956-665-3651

College College Coordinators Email Phone
College of Fine Arts Jessica Trevino 956-665-2954
College of Business & Entrepreneurship Bianca Hammond 956-665-3311
College of Education and P-16 Integration Belinda Valles 956-665-3401
College of Sciences Jackelyn Melgar 956-665-3066
College of Liberal Arts Bryan Smith 956-665-2424
College of Engineering and Computer Science Maureen Lopez 956-665-3305
University College Mauricio De Leon 956-665-5205
College of Health Professions Jennifer Tijerina 956-665-2720
School of Nursing Sabine Castillo 956-665-3491
School of Medicine Elizabeth Reyes 956-296-1438
School of Social Work Odette Perez 956-665-3575

Web Profile FAQs

Can I control what appears in my web profile?

Other than the information required by state law and basic contact information, you may control what appears in your web profile. Fields that appear in your web profile are indicated by a "P" in the FPT screens. Detailed instructions can be found in the "Instructions and Demonstrations" section of this webpage.

Why doesn't my title appear in the faculty list?

Check the "Yearly Data" screen under "General Information," select the current year.  If there is an error, please email

I don't like the citation style used to list my publications. Can this be changed?

No, the citation style is standard for all faculty.

I want to upload my own CV. Can I do that?

You have an auto-generated CV available on your web profile. If you would like any other format, you may post it on your own website and list a link to the website on the "Profile" page.

Why are there typos in my publications titles?

Most typos or formatting issues are in the original FPT record entry. First, check the entry in FPT and ensure that the typo does not appear in the FPT record. If it does, correct the typos in the record. If the problem persists, please contact

How can I include my photograph in my web profile?

Upload your photograph in the "Personal and Contact Information" screen in FPT.

What is the maximum number of entries allowed on the "Research and Creative Works" screen?

You may select up to ten entries to appear in "Publications," "Grants," and "Presentations" headings. If more than ten are selected, only the most recent ten will appear. Your full list of publications is on the CV available on our profile.

I need help with my web profile. Whom can I contact?

Please send an email to