Undergraduate Student Travel Scholarship Award
UEND - Science Technology and Engineering Partnership for Success (STEPS) Endowment CECS Undergraduate Student Travel Scholarship Award
Through the Greater Texas Foundation, the College of Engineering and Computer Science is delighted to offer travel scholarships to current undergraduate students who might not otherwise be able to attend or present at conferences/workshops.
Scholarships of $500 in value may be awarded to assist in covering the cost of attending or presenting at conferences/workshops, including membership fees. Scholarships will be awarded based on availability of funds.
Scholarship Recipients Must Meet the Following Requirements:
- Current undergraduate student
- Enrolled at least 15 hours during the Fall and Spring semesters
- Shall not have a second employment
Preference Will Be Given to Students Who Meet One or More of the Following Criteria:
- Have an associate’s degree or 60 SCHs, who are continuing their baccalaureate studies at UTRGV
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Texas residents or students who lived in Texas for at least part of their high school experience
- Selected to Present at a Conference/Workshop
To apply, please submit a completed application at https://utrgv.edu/applyscholarships by logging in and searching “travel”. You must answer yes to the question “Are you needing funding to attend a conference?”
Fall Submission Closure: Last day of October
Spring Submission Closure: Last day of February
Students selected to receive funding from this endowment must fulfill the donor's reporting criteria by providing a written release allowing UTRGV to report the following information to the donor.
Please do this by completing the following steps:
- Log into ASSIST
- Select Personal Information
- Select Update Emergency Contacts
- "New Contact"
- Under "Relationship" select "Authorized to Access Records"
- For First Name enter: Greater Texas Foundation
- For Last Name enter: Greater Texas Foundation
- Submit changes