This introductory-level course helps learners craft a resume that is targeted, elegant, and effective. It continues on to cover interviewing skills, focusing on the interview preparation and the five stages of the interview process. Finally, the course will help learners formulate winning answers to difficult interview questions.
What You Will You Learn:
• Recognize key career development questions to ask before beginning a job search
• Employ a written goal-setting process to establish career development and job search priorities
• Recognize the purpose of tailoring a resume and cover letter
• Develop a more effective resume
• Develop a more effective cover letter
• Identify the five stages of the interview process
• Conduct industry and company research efficiently using web-based resources
• Brainstorm potential interview questions and answers
• Understand what constitutes a good answer in the mind of a hiring manager
• Anticipate some of the most common interview questions
• Explain to a hiring manager how the past successes represented on your resume will translate to future success in your desired position
• Recognize whether a job aligns with your career objectives
Note: Successful Completion Requirementfor IACET CEU - Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
This course is designed for job seekers
No prerequisites required.
- ★ Expert Supported
- ★ Accessible
- ★ Games & Flashcards
- ★ Real-world case studies
- ★ Mobile-friendly
- ★ Badge and credit-awarding
- ★ Video content
- ★ Audio-enabled in-app
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
- More of What You're Looking For -
This course will provide aspiring photographers and photography enthusiasts techniques to develop photographs with Adobe Lightroom.
Our intermediate course takes things one step further with advanced shooting techniques
This introductory course will expose participants to the basics of digital photography and help them best utilize their digital cameras.