This course offers an introduction to content marketing, a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience. With an emphasis on key concepts, definitions, and metrics, the course examines ways that marketers can tailor their content to meet the specific needs of potential customers as they travel through the sales funnel. Learners will explore how content is used to build brand awareness and establish the brand as a trusted source of expert advice.
What You Will You Learn:
• Define content marketing, and explain how it relates to social media and SEO
• List the major types of content used in content marketing, and explain the strengths of each
• Explain the purpose and goals of a content marketing plan
• Describe the online marketing funnel, and explain which types of content are appropriate for which stages of the funnel
• Articulate the advantages of audience targeting and audience segmentation
• Describe the process of channel management, and explain why it is important to furthering your marketing goals
• Articulate the unique importance of video to content marketing campaigns
• Explain the importance of measuring your campaign's effectiveness, and list the major performance metrics
This course is designed for entrepreneurs, marketing professionals, managers, and other individuals interested in developing a strategic marketing approach that provides valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience in a business or organization.
No prerequisites required.
Mrs. Claudia Lemus Campos
Claudia Lemus Campos is a Communications Coordinator for Pharr-San Juan-Alamo Independent School District. She has over 6 years of experience leading marketing campaigns as well as creating, publishing, and distributing content for targeted audiences.
Claudia has a Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communications with a focus in Advertising/Public Relations from the University of Texas-Pan American. She also has a Master of Arts in Strategic Communication & Innovation and a Certificate in Advanced Digital & Social Media from Texas Tech University. While in her current position, Claudia has received state and national recognition for various multifaceted marketing campaigns and publications.
Edinburg Course Information
Lecture (in-class sessions): Wednesdays
Lecture (in-class sessions): October 27 - November 10, 2021
In-Class sessions (instructor led)
October 27: 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
November 3: 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
November 10: 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Location: *(review "notes" section below for further details)
Lecture (in-class sessions):
Edinburg CESS Building
Mrs. Claudia Lemus Campos
* This course includes self-paced online content and instructor-led in-class sessions. Online content will be available 24 hours prior to the first-in-class session.
- More of What You're Looking For -
This certificate program will first help you become re-acquainted with your own stores of creativity and innovation.
The design thinking approach can be an effective tool for organizations looking for practical and creative ways to solve problems.
This course will help you gain the knowledge and skills required to successfully execute effective digital marketing campaigns.
Upon successfully completing this course, students will understand the structure of successful event planning.
Whether you're interested in lead generation, social influence, or creative marketing, this program will improve your social media skills for the long run.
By signing up for the class you will learn how to quickly put together a script, storyboard and shot list.
This course will help you develop an understanding of web analytics, search engine optimization, and web usability.