This Certificate in Emerging Technology for Managers addresses blockchain, artificial intelligence, and robotics. Learners who have completed this suite of courses are knowledgeable in how each technology affects business processes and how each contributes to a discussion about the future of labor. In the current business environment, managers and leaders should have a baseline understanding of these emerging technologies. Certificate holders are informed about cryptocurrencies and how blockchain is restoring trust and security in Internet transactions. Learners have examined how artificial intelligence is leading to gains in efficiency and performance, along with concepts and metrics for management to consider when evaluating an investment in robotics.
Each of these self-paced courses offer an assortment of interactive exercises, selected readings, and self-assessments that will engage you and help you practice effective business communication.
Upon successful completion of all courses in this certificate program, you can download and print a Certificate of Completion.
This course is designed for adult learners interested in Emerging Technology for Managers
- ★ Expert Supported
- ★ Accessible
- ★ Games & Flashcards
- ★ Real-world case studies
- ★ Mobile-friendly
- ★ Badge and credit-awarding
- ★ Video content
- ★ Audio-enabled in-app
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Courses Included in this Suite:
This course introduces learners to basic artificial intelligence concepts and trends. Artificial Intelligence plays an increasingly important role in many industries. The emergence of this new technology promises to bring unprecedented efficiencies for organizations and enhance business performance. In today's global economy, managers will need to know how AI can be leveraged to keep their organizations competitive, as well as understand the potential ethical issues associated with employing AI technologies such as deep learning, machine learning, and the various AI-enabled recognition technologies.
• Describe important events in the history of artificial intelligence
• Compare knowledge-based systems to expert systems
• Summarize the major characteristics of the different types of AI
• Explain the Turing Test and other approaches to AI
• Distinguish between machine learning and deep learning
• Propose ways in which an AI can be designed to not cause harm to humans
• Evaluate ethical concepts as they apply to AI
• Demonstrate how natural language processing and generation work
• Examine how computer vision, robotics, and Big Data relate to AI
• Critique the use of AI in information security and the potential use of AI in attacks
Blockchain is on the forefront of emerging technologies and is the foundation of modern cryptocurrencies. If you're a manager with little exposure to blockchain as a concept, this course will help you build an understanding of the concepts and how the technology might apply to your business. This course is an introduction to blockchain as an underlying technology for cryptocurrencies and other applications. The assignments delve into critical parts of blockchain, such as consensus mechanisms and cryptography. They also look at blockchain's impact on verticals such as healthcare, Fintech, and government, along with democracy, governance, and social impact.
• Explain the fundamentals of blockchain
• Describe the critical nature of consensus mechanisms for blockchains
• Debate blockchain as an emerging technology, from its start with cryptocurrencies to its evolution into smart contracts
• Outline the basic parts of Blockchain Network Architecture and the concept of eliminating central authorities in money and equity transactions
• Discuss the various blockchain applications and what issues they are meant to solve
• Describe how blockchain is impacting industries such as Fintech, healthcare, government and supply chains
• Discuss blockchain and its role in democracy, governance and social impact
This course will introduce many of the concepts and metrics for management to consider when evaluating whether an investment in robotics is the right decision for the operation. The course begins by defining automation types and processes before exploring the business functions involved in making the decision to execute an automation enhancement. In addition to delving into pragmatic issues, this course also explores the strategic and ethical issues of replacing human workers with robots.
• Identify the differences among automation, robotic process automation, and robotics
• Evaluate the differing business factors involved in adopting robotics
• Utilize the different methods for identifying uses for robots by their workspace, autonomy, and locomotion
• Assess how the field of robotics is influencing major industries today and tomorrow
• Identify the skill sets and other human resource issues that businesses will encounter as they adopt robotics
• Connect the business drivers for utilizing robotics with real-world ethical issues and strategies
- More of What You're Looking For -
This course introduces learners to basic artificial intelligence concepts and trends.
This hybrid certificate program will provide managers with the basic foundation they need to become competent Agile practitioners.
Bring to your Office skills to a whole new level by diving into a suite set of powerful instructional courses.
This program prepares students for a role in supporting computer users by installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and managing computers, hardware, wired and wireless networks.
Cybersecurity, also known as Information Security is the protection of data and personally identifiable information from malicious attacks, theft, and destruction.
This program will introduce you to data analytics and its increasing use in today's professional landscape.
Participants learn how to make interactive applications that run inside a web browser and can communicate with a web server running remotely.