Agile project management practices have become the standard for software development projects. More recently, Agile has grown beyond software projects as more and more companies adopt Agile concepts and methodologies. Individuals who have a solid understanding of Agile have a distinct advantage in today's changing project management atmosphere.
This course included will provide managers with the foundation they require to become competent Agile practitioners. Additionally, it will introduce the learner to the methodologies, practices, and key concepts of Agile and enable the learner to explore through case studies, many of the common challenges of working on an Agile team.
What You Will You Learn:
• Evaluate the usefulness of different statistical techniques and their real-world application
• Learn to use predictive and inferential tools to improve decision-making
• Identify methods for ensuring data quality and their impact on decision-making
• Describe various forecasting techniques and their benefits and limitations
• Identify the fundamental concepts of descriptive statistics (populations and samples, measures of central tendency, measures of variability, measures of distribution), and their real-world application
• Explain data management techniques including transforming data, recoding data, and handling missing data
This course is perfect for decision-makers, software developers, knowledge work organizations, and any other professionals or practitioners seeking to develop Agile competencies to operate in a highly adaptive environment.
No prerequisites required.
Ms. Esther Dominguez
Is the Senior IT Project Manager at the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (UTRGV). Ms. Dominguez provides leadership for the Project Management Office and supports IT Senior Management with Portfolio Planning and Project Management (PPM), Software Assessment, and IT Service Management (ITSM). She has over 25 years of work experience in Higher Education in the areas of Business, Academics, and Information Technology. She is experienced in planning, analyzing, designing, and executing process improvements. Ms. Dominguez is experienced in managing multiple information technology projects that support university-wide initiatives. Ms. Dominguez holds a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and a Master’s degree in Public Administration from the University of Texas-Pan American (now UTRGV). She is certified as a Professional Scrum Master (PSM) I and is also certified in ITIL v3 Foundations in ITSM.
Note: If you are applying for the Continuing Education Private Loan to cover the registration fee for a non-credit continuing education program, then please use the UTRGV Continuing Education School Code: 003599. The loan amount you note in the application cannot exceed the open enrollment fee noted on our website. The minimum for the loans must be $500.00. Some service charges may apply.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org once you have been approved by your loan provider so we may certify your loan.
• Introduce yourself and network with other Agile practitioners to improve your in-class experience.
• Briefly define Agile and its importance to organizational success.
• Review the Agile Project Management Online Course that will be blended into the program
• Establish teams to identify an Agile capstone to work on throughout the program
• Discuss the Agile Manifesto and Values used to guide successful Agile projects.
• Learn the foundations and recognize the integral components of the Scrum Agile framework.
• Understand the importance of stakeholder buy-in and organizational acceptance in Agile projects.
• Learn how to fully utilize and conduct Daily Stand-Ups in an Agile environment.
• Learn the roles and responsibilities of team members in Agile projects.
• Recognize common problems for Agile teams and how to minimize their impact on results.
• Identify challenges when applying Agile to any organization.
• Wrap-up and integrate Agile and Scrum concepts covered throughout in-class and online sessions.
• Present and highlight key elements of your Agile project capstone.
• Collaborate and receive feedback from other teams and Agile professionals.
Edinburg Course Information
Location: *(review "notes" section below for further details)
Lecture (in-class sessions):
Edinburg CESS Building
Ms. Esther Dominguez
* This course includes self-paced online content and instructor led in-class sessions. Online content will be available 24 hours prior to the first in-class session.
- More of What You're Looking For -
This course introduces learners to basic artificial intelligence concepts and trends.
Bring to your Office skills to a whole new level by diving into a suite set of powerful instructional courses.
This program prepares students for a role in supporting computer users by installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and managing computers, hardware, wired and wireless networks.
Cybersecurity, also known as Information Security is the protection of data and personally identifiable information from malicious attacks, theft, and destruction.
This program will introduce you to data analytics and its increasing use in today's professional landscape.
This Certificate in Emerging Technology for Managers addresses blockchain, artificial intelligence, and robotics.
Participants learn how to make interactive applications that run inside a web browser and can communicate with a web server running remotely.