Writing Center, University College
An appointment option will be available for walk-in consultations in Edinburg from April 24 - May 11.
The Writing Center is here to help you with all your writing projects.
Free services you can receive at the Writing Center include:
- One-on-one and small group consultations on writing in all disciplines and at all levels.
- Thirty-minute sessions on assignment clarification, invention and brainstorming, development and organization.
- Thirty-minute sessions on purpose, audience and genre.
- Tips for incorporating sources into your writing and for documenting sources effectively.
- Tips for using images, video clips, podcasts and other media as a part of your writing project.
- Skype and online writing consultations during the week, and the Online Weekend Writing Service on weekends.
- Use of computers and a printer.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Tuesday||9:00 am – 6:30 pm*|
|Wednesday||9:00 am – 6:30 pm*|
|Thursday||9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Friday||9:00 am – 1:00 pm|
*Tutoring after 5PM at the Learning Center (LC) in Edinburg.
|Monday||9:00 am – 4:30 pm|
|Tuesday||9:00 am – 4:30|
|Wednesday||9:00 am – 4:30|
|Thursday||9:00 am – 4:30 pm|
|Friday||9:00 am – 12:00 pm|
Student Academic Center, Edinburg
Skype Writing Consultation Request: Make an appointment to speak with a writing consultant via a video conference. Students will benefit from participating in a “real time” discussion on their computer or mobile device for approximately one hour with a writing consultant who will provide immediate feedback on their essay. Note: Skype sessions are limited to one per day. Due to time constraints, writing consultants can generally review no more than five pages per session. During mid-terms and finals, Skype sessions may be reduced to 30 minutes in an effort to serve more students.
Send Your Assignment: Submit a paper and receive comments from a writing consultant within 24 to 48 hours of submission. Due to time constraints, writing consultants generally can review no more than five pages per session. During mid-terms and finals, feedback may be delayed due to limited availability of online writing consultants.
(956) 665-2538 (Edinburg)
(956) 882-7065 (Brownsville)
Departmental Email: email@example.com
Magdalena Flores, Tutoring Specialist
Dr. Randall Monty, Associate Director
Barbara Castellano, Administrative Assistant
Dr. Rebekah Hamilton, Director