Writing Center, University College
Full Writing Center services (Walk-in, Daily Online and Skype) resume January 23, 2017.
Weekend Online services resume January 27, 2017.
The Writing Center is here to help you with all your writing projects.
Free services you can receive at the Writing Center include:
- One-on-one and small group tutoring on writing in all disciplines and at all levels.
- Thirty-minute sessions on assignment clarification, invention and brainstorming, development and organization.
- Thirty-minute sessions on purpose, audience and genre.
- Tips for incorporating sources into your writing and for documenting sources effectively.
- Tips for using images, video clips, podcasts and other media as a part of your writing project.
- Skype and online tutoring during the week, and the Online Weekend Writing Service on weekends.
- Use of computers and a printer.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Tuesday||9:00 am – 6:30 pm*|
|Wednesday||9:00 am – 6:30 pm*|
|Thursday||9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Friday||9:00 am – 1:00 pm|
*Tutoring after 5PM at the Learning Center (LC) in Edinburg.
|Monday||9:00 am – 4:30 pm|
|Tuesday||9:00 am – 4:30|
|Wednesday||9:00 am – 4:30|
|Thursday||9:00 am – 4:30 pm|
|Friday||9:00 am – 12:00 pm|
Student Academic Center, Edinburg
Skype Tutoring Request: Make an appointment to speak with a tutor via a video conference. Students will benefit from participating in a “real time” discussion on their computer or mobile device for approximately one hour with a tutor who will provide immediate feedback on their essay. Note: Skype sessions are limited to one per day. Due to time constraints, tutors can generally review no more than five pages per session. During mid-terms and finals, Skype sessions may be reduced to 30 minutes in an effort to serve more students.
Send Your Assignment: Submit a paper and receive comments from a tutor within 24 to 48 hours of submission. Due to time constraints, tutors generally can review no more than five pages per session. During mid-terms and finals, feedback may be delayed due to limited availability of online tutors.
Departmental Phone: 956-665-2538
Departmental Email: email@example.com
Magdalena Flores, Tutoring Specialist
Dr. Randall Monty, Associate Director
Barbara Castellano, Administrative Assistant
Dr. Rebekah Hamilton, Director