Engaged Scholarship and Learning
The office of Engaged Scholarship & Learning supports and promotes high quality experiential learning opportunities across campus. We work with students and faculty to enhance academic program offerings of undergraduate research, academic service learning and community-based learning, internships , and study away opportunities. Our goal is to ensure that every student at UTRGV has access to enhanced academic experiences throughout their degree programs.
What we do:
- We offer advising and development opportunities for students in research, service learning, and academic internships
- We host events to showcase student research and community-based projects
- We provide funding and awards to support enhanced academic experiential learning through the Undergraduate Research Initiative and the Academic Experience Fund
- We work with faculty on curricular development and integration of experiential learning
- We develop campus-wide initiatives to promote innovative experiential learning opportunities
- We work with community partners to develop partnerships that enable faculty and students to engage meaningfully in community-based initiatives
- We support faculty and students in the scholarship of engagement through networks, publishing and conference incentives, and sharing of accomplishments.
Office of Engaged Scholarship & Learning
Student Academic Center (STAC) 3 .160
Edinburg, TX 78539
Student Union Room 2.10B
Brownsville, TX 78520