How to Apply

Step 1. Program Requirements

Before submitting your application, please review our

Step 2. Email Us Your Application


* Intensive Program Application     ||     * Saturday Program Application

Questions? Please contact the Edinburg office at (956) 665-2133 or (956) 665-7101


* Intensive Program Application     ||     * Saturday Program Application

Questions? Please contact the Brownsville office at (956) 882-4178

Step 3. Pay Your Tuition (Use Internet Explorer ONLY)

Please choose your location of study

Register For Courses In EdinburgRegister For Courses In Brownsville


Refunds: will only be given two weeks before the starting date of the program. No Exceptions! Refunds require 4-6 weeks to process. If I request a refund, I understand that a $100.00 processing fee and any late fees are non-refundable.

Student Visa: The I-20 Form will be provided to eligible students. Eligibility requirements: A current bank statement from the person responsible for your expenses is needed at the time of the registration. A bank statement must cover tuition, books, housing and medical insurance.

SEVIS Fee: The Department of Homeland Security requires all foreign students to pay a SEVIS fee of $200 (US) either by mail or via internet, and fill out a form I-901 before making an appointment at the American Consulate.

Meningitis vaccine: If you are younger than 22 years old The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley requires the meningitis vaccine. You must have had the vaccine during the last five years and you must provide proof of vaccination 10 days before the first day of the program.  For more information, please contact us.

Medical Insurance: The Board of Regents of The UT-System schools requires that all international students have medical insurance every session.  The Board of Regents has also granted an exception for Mexican Nationals attending the Language Institute. For further details please visit our Admission Page.

Students must be 18 years or older and have completed high school or equivalent.  NO EXCEPTIONS!

US Citizens or Resident Aliens should bring their birth certificate, resident alien card or employment authorization letter.

Transfers to another session are Not Allowed without prior approval from the LI Director or Associate Director.  If a transfer is approved, a Transfer Fee will be charged.