Assigning IT Resources to IT Projects
PurposeThe purpose of this policy is to clarify the assigning of IT resources to IT projects.
The policy of the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) is that all IT projects that require IT resources should be managed and assigned within TeamDynamix (TDX), as this is the application where official IT work is recorded. If IT resources need to be assigned work within other project management applications, permission must be given by the employee's supervisor.
The OCIO recognizes that other IT project management tools are available at UTRGV; however, in order to manage IT resources, it is imperative that they are managed within only one system. Managing IT resources within one system provides visibility to the IT workload to help ensure that resource work is distributed more evenly, leading to IT projects being completed on time.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Project Management Office (PMO)
- Responsible for the process of requesting and approving IT projects as well as the process for assigning IT resources to work on IT projects.
- IT Directors
- Responsible for ensuring that IT employees who report to them are not assigned to projects other than through TeamDynamix (TDX) without permission.
- IT Employees
- Responsible for following this policy and, if necessary, informing customers to contact email@example.com to submit an Idea/Project Request.
- Responsible for notifying their supervisor or director when customers do not adhere to this policy.
Non-Compliance and Exceptions
Non-compliance with this policy may result in the notification of supervisors and may be subject to disciplinary action in accordance with applicable UTRGV rules and policies.
Related Policies, Standards, and Guidelines
This policy will be reviewed as needed by the CIO.
For questions, assistance, or to report an issue, please visit the IT Support Center.Visit IT Support Center